Re: Relay used with DSC PC3000

mleuck wrote:
> On Aug 12, 4:38 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have an old DSC PC3000 panel that I took over lots of years ago.
>> There's a relay module in it that I now want to use to trip a radio.
>> The relay looks like it's tripped from the bell output and can provide
>> two steady outputs to the radio from the steady burg and pulsing bell
>> outputs of the panel.
>>
>> I know it's old stuff but does anyone have a link to the installation
>> instructions for the relay (if it still exists) or can tell me what
>> color wires go to which terminals on the panel in order to obtain the
>> two steady outputs?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> That sounds like a PC-16 output board, it should have 16 terminals
> correct? Give me an email address and I'll send you what I have

Nope.  It's a simple relay.  He's going to have to replace it with a
twelve volt relay that's got two sets of contacts.  I'm not sure what
the current relay's hooked up to, but if it's the hokey one that
Tried/DSC normally supplies it's only got one set of normally
open/normally closed contacts.  He could disconnect them and use a meter
to determine which is which.