Re: Help on a strange problem

tenfoil the window to that room  and see if it stops.
Had a problem kinda  like that and it was from stray Microwave
communications tower links which was bouncing into the apt we were
checking..

on another note  we had a stray signal in the office once  that was coming
from the FAX machine,  seems the heater to the thermo  paper had a hair line
crack  that was putting out microwaves  just right for the detector..

On Aug 26, 1:09?pm, "petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> a ?crit dans le message de groupe de discussion
:
> f158bbab-f71c-4a35-96c0-ce194f154...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > On Aug 26, 11:11 am, goodday <chris....@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I use a normal RF scanner call pro hunter. It has a wide RF range. To
> >> my knowledge there is no security system installed in the apartment. I
> >> tried using the scanner in other parts of the apartment it doesn't
> >> beep. Most of the beeping is in the living room. The strange thing is
> >> it beeps in mid air at a distant away from the floor and ceiling. If
> >> you move away to one side, it stops beeping. Please help me to
> >> understand.-
>
> > What ?you really have is a broadband RF receiver.
>
> Nope , he is using this...
>
> http://www.mjelectronics.com/pages/countspy/005prohunrfd.html
>
> DETECTING DISTANCE:
> Wireless Camera: 1.2 GHz --- about 3 M; 2.4 GHz --- about 70 cm Cellular
> phone: about 1 M Applications:
> Detect hidden camera in hotel, motel and club house. Detect hidden camera
in
> shopping mall toilet, school toilet, locker room and fitting booth, etc.
> Prevent video body bugs to protect office, factory and personal privacy.
> SPECIFICATIONS:
> Size: L 79 x W 28 x T 15 mm Weight: about 26g (included battery) Power: 6V
> DC (CR2032 lithium battery x2) Detecting frequency: 50 MHz ?` 3.0 GHz
> Warning mode: Sound and LED display-

Ok, so it's a narrow band receiver.

Same problem. Same reason. Beat frequencies, harmonics.