Re: Monaco Fire

James B wrote:
> How do you guys price your fire systems?  Do you give a price per
> square foot or do you figure out every device?  if you figure every
> device it seems like you would waste a lot of time trying to figure
> out what you need to quote.  This wouldnt be bad if you know you will
> get the job, but it could turn out to be a major loss.
>

> James

It's a little "different" in Canada.  We price per device and don't
worry about installation because it's done by the electrical contractor.
  We supply and then program/verify the installed equipment and the
number and type of detectors/devices are taken from the engineered
drawings.  Mind you, sometimes the engineer screws up the layout.  You
have to know Code and Standards in order to make sure everyone's "on the
same page".