Re: Monaco Fire

"James B" wrote:

> How do you guys price your fire systems?  Do you give a price per square
> foot or do you figure out every device?  if you figure every device it seems
> like you would waste a lot of time trying to figure out what you need to
> quote.  This wouldnt be bad if you know you will get the job, but it could
> turn out to be a major loss.

Although I don't offer installation any more, I ran a small alarm company for
many years.  Here's how I did it.  Always quote by the piece.  Calculate price
from cost plus margin, then add a fixed amount for labor for each run.  On
exceptionally large structures or places that will be more difficult to wire,
add an extra margin on the labor.

This worked for me.  YMMV.

--

Regards,