Re: Monaco Fire

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:gsptro$3mu$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Got a last minute request from a contractor about 20 minutes ago bid a
> Monaco addressable fire alarm panel.  He said actually said wireless.
>
> He told me his boss told him to get some more bids because they ones they
> had were too much money.  My immediate instinct is to not bid it at all.
> Since I am a last minute contact they are either hoping I'll do something
> stupid and bid it too cheap, or they don't plan on me getting the job at
> all, but hope I will give them a cheaper bid to beat down their other
> bidders or favorite company.
>
> All  that being said, I have an e-mail and a fax off to Monaco asking for
> some general information.  Since they are in in Spokane Washington it will
> be a couple hours before they even see those for a couple hours.
>
> Are they proprietary like so many other fire systems?
> Do they have limited dealers in any region?
> Do they have expensive certification classes required?
>  How much?
>  When?
>  Where?

I looked at the spec for the job real quick, and there are a few points that
make it pretty much impossible for a small firm to be able to meet the
requirements, and when I look at the scope of the job the prices the
contractor told me he was quoted sound cheap.  No need to bid this one.
(besides do I really want to work with a general who tells subs what other
subs bid before they even look at the job.)