Re: Why Your Yugo Doesn't Perform Like a Cadillac

> On Apr 29, 10:56�pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
>>
>> > Of course they usually then immediately ask, "Do you install those?"
>>
>> > I have tried a variety of responses to this but have never found one
>> > that
>> > gives a good result...
>>
>> Try this one: "No."
>>
>> If it's any consolation, online stores like mine get calls from the same
>> people. �They want to know why they can't get an Extreme CCTV camera for
>> the
>> same price as a Chinese import. �After all, they're all "just cameras,
>> right?"
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robert L Bass
>>

> The way in which technology is publicized now ....... with the advent
> and advertising of the Internet, IPhones, IPods and every other "I"
> gizmo, the everyday people who are technically challanged think they
> can get Star Wars technology for a buck.
>
> Then there are those who work in some faction of technology who think
> that just because they can write code for some electronic digital
> divice they must know about everything else that is remotely related
> to electricity.
>
> And then there's the alarm guys who ( unknown, unrecognized and
> unacknowledged by the rest of the world) who actually DO  ......  know
> everything about everything.

LOL.  I don't even pretend to that level, but I have always believed that
all knowledge is useful.  Simple things, like oak toothpicks make better
door hinge screw repair filler than match sticks.  In fact I told a lady
just that the other to fix the sagging front door on her house so her front
door contact would clear.  I also put in a rare earth magnet in the mean
time.

Seriously, everything you know and learn will help you in one way or
another.  Whether its to learn how having half a dozen different fishing
poles will improve your performance in a bass tournament, or why it might be
worth a few dollars more, but not a lot, to buy your next service truck from
the guy down the street instead of the guy in the next city.

P.S.  I had a lady complain about my rates the other day until I explained
that while a plumber which she will gladly pay the same rate may have to
occasionally get his hands in shit, I have to have more knowledge about more
things including where his plumbing lines are likely to be in order to do my
job.  She never argued, and when I charged her for 2 hours instead of 2
hours and fifteen minutes she thanked me.