Re: False alarms with DSC wireless keyfob

tourman wrote:
> Has anyone heard of this problem before ? I have a client with four
> keyfobs (WLS919-433), one of which shows a low battery when dialing in
> with DLS software (customer has a DSC Power 832 with the usual
> wireless module on the bus). The client put the unit in a drawer and
> in one day, when  he wasn't using it,  had two separate panic alarms
> transmitted to the station  (confirmed with the station and showing in
> the event log as well). The other three wireless units were not
> present, being held by other family members who were not at home the
> whole day
>
> Could this problem be related to the simple fact that the battery was
> low. If it is, it has to be the first time I have heard of this
> problem as I have many other clients with the same setup......????
>
> Any of you guys had this experience ?

I have had a few unexplained panics from DSC WS4939 key fobs. In a couple
cases I suspect they were caused by accidentally pushing on the button. But
in two separate cases, customers insist they were nowhere near the units
when it happened. These were new units though, and neither showed a low
battery.

Conversely, I replaced a low battery on a very old 900MHz key fob about 3
months ago, but never had a false panic there.
--
js

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul. ----George Bernard Shaw

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have.

- Thomas Jefferson