scussion :
> f8cc6d40-5af5-4861-b8f2-97e4094a6...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > On Nov 20, 4:48 am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> a crit dans le message de groupe de discussi=
on
> >> :
> >> 70c35cfd-ac19-4b3c-b591-f7d24fe9d...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >> Can I add some?
>
> >> NO talking about strange byke garnment (thats for pos Leuck)
>
> >> No talkin about wife fro other country (thats for bass)
>
> >> No thatlking about canadian counter clerk (thats for Olson)
>
> >> No talking about french coward (thats for me!)
>
> >> No talking about Brinks boat Anchor (thats for Rojas)
>
> >> And the last one...
>
> >> dont fucking talk about anything!!
>
> >> GEEEEeeeee!!! we are falling into politicly correctness!!!
>
> >> Jim I never saw you acting as such a wuss!!
>
> > Look Petrum, I just picked all the things that I saw as triggers to
> > arguments that led to long threads containing nothing but garbage.
> > It's that garbage that's caused this group to be shunned by lots and
> > lots of people in and out of the trade. I don't remember exactly how
> > long you've been here but years ago, there were at least twice as many
> > "regulars" as there is now. We used to have people from all over the
> > world coming here to talk alarms and now there's just a handful left,
> > with not much sign of anyone new "joining up" for a pretty long time.
> > If we can maintain some stability here, gradually more people will
> > join in and we can at least try to keep it as sane and placid as
> > possible. I think that in spite of all that's happened here, there's
> > still a pretty viable group of people with a good cross section of
> > alarm knowledge. I think that it might even be to the groups long term
> > benefit that it went through the tumultuous times that it did. All of
> > us here now, are quite aware of what causes problems and perhaps with
> > that experience we can keep things under control. I know that's pretty
> > high hopes after all that's happened here, but maybe it's a pipe dream
> > that will happen.
>
> > We'll see.
>
> Jim i totaly agree with you that it would be fun to see a NG with a clean=
er
> look ,but You will have to agree that if we cant talk about anything else
> then alarm stuff this NG will go from about 30 post a day to about 5 ....
>
> Now its right to say that those 5 post would be more interresting then th=
> 25 other post, but I am sure that it would lead this NG to die...
>
> what we need to do is more simple then stop posting about anything but
> alarm.. what we need to do is respect the other people here, we could
> discuss lot of stuff if the strong temper of the place could just resist
> going to personal insult as soon as someone doesnt think the same as they
> are..-

That really sounds great but unfortunately, that's not the way it
works here and in real life. Ever try to talk politics or religion
with relatives?  It's just something that is "more likely" to lead to
conflict ......... than if you didn't. I just think that rather than
test the "over the top" levels of various individuals, including
you ....... and me, it would be better to not even get near the
subjects. For instance, you've got your feelings about Israel and I
strongly disagree with you. If you kept constantaly posting things
that I disagree with, I'm eventually going to take you to task for it
( because if you can use this forum to post YOUR views then why can't
I? ) I've got to defend my views as you have to defend yours)
and .......... then ..... we're off  !!!!

Because of past history I happen to think that the repeated
problems ... over and over again .... that these subjects has caused,
that it's too risky and I won't be the first one to bring them up.

But those are my reasons. If you want to stir the pot, with the
possible long term bad results ............ that's your
responsibility. I'm saying ...why take the risk? We've tried it the
old way for much too long and look where it took us.  I'm just
suggesting a different way.