Re: QB users

On May 16, 12:52=EF=BF=BDpm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I bought Alarm2004 several years ago, but I still have never implemented i=
t.
> I have been receiving faxes from Z-micro about the new product Alarm 7 and=

> offering a pre-release update price of $399 with the regular update price
> being $599. I don't know if that also applies to alarm 4.

Well, I'd guess if you started using it now, it'd be worth it. You'll
get this last revision and support for the next 5 or so years. But
eventually something will go wrong with it ..... your computer goes
down ...... Microsoft new edition of Windows ........ something will
make it inoperable ..... with no support.

You can't update Alarm 4 to the new version .... I already asked that
question.

> The blurb on the fax states over a hundred enhancements,including extensiv=
> QB integration
>
> Import/export integration or automatic posting directly into QB
> Transfer of customers from Alarm 7 to QB
> Transfer of invoices including sales tax from Alarm 7 to QB
> Transfer of payments and credits from Alarm 7 to QB
> Transfer of inventory from Alarm 7 to QB

 I didn't.... or don't remember seeing that and I don't know what the
updates are going to be on Alarm 4.

It's a really good application for doing billing for the alarm trade.
All the things that specifically apply to the trade and nothing else
that you have to eliminate or work around, such as in QB. I
investigated QB a while ago, when I got wind that Z-micro was going to
end support for Alarm 4. A QB tech support guy walked me through
setting up QB for recurring billing and I ran a few sample test
billings for a few months but it was rather complicated compared to
Alarm 4 (obviously) Then I heard they were going to support Alarm 4
for a long time after the last revision, so I just thought I'd ride it
out rather than changing horses in mid stream. It's quite adequate for
my needs now and I figure I'll be out of here by the time Alarm 4
becomes outdated enough to not be useable.