Alegro question...

I have the alegro keypad and 1 motion sensor.
If i set it to monitor doors, windows and motion sensor, do i need a
door sensor to activate the alarm?

I get the impression from the manuals that i need a door sensor to
tell the system to arm when i leave through a door.

When i set it to monitor door, windows and motion sensor and i stay at
the keypad and wait for the exit time to expire and then move in front
of the motion sensor the alarm does not sound.

I did have it set up so that if i left the house before the exit time
expired and then returned it would activate the siren.

So i guess my question is do i need a door sensor to activate the
alarm when i leave?

If i press arm twice then leave the house i think i still need a door
sensor to activate the alarm.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I guess i could set it up again to sound alarm after the  30
seconds entry delay times out.