Re: Alegro question...

justme2 wrote:
> I have the alegro keypad and 1 motion sensor.
> If i set it to monitor doors, windows and motion sensor, do i need a
> door sensor to activate the alarm?
>
> I get the impression from the manuals that i need a door sensor to
> tell the system to arm when i leave through a door.
>
> When i set it to monitor door, windows and motion sensor and i stay at
> the keypad and wait for the exit time to expire and then move in front
> of the motion sensor the alarm does not sound.
>
> I did have it set up so that if i left the house before the exit time
> expired and then returned it would activate the siren.
>
> So i guess my question is do i need a door sensor to activate the
> alarm when i leave?
>
> If i press arm twice then leave the house i think i still need a door
> sensor to activate the alarm.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> P.S. I guess i could set it up again to sound alarm after the  30
> seconds entry delay times out.

With only one motion sensor on the whole system, just program it as a
door and be done with it.

By programming it as a motion (interior follower - either with or
without delay) you are telling it to follow the actions of certain doors
(entry/exit zones).  One of the things it does for you is not activate
the motions until the exit delay expires and then to delay activation in
the event an entry delay kicks in.  This way you can cross a protected
zone on your way out or in without triggering the alarm.

Anyone crossing the protected door sans entry/exit delay trips the alarm
instantly.

In your case, the whole point is moot.