Re: Locked Out by Vendor

On May 2, 8:33=A0pm, "Mark Leuck" <mle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <scantrell...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> After many many years of sticking with the monitoring service offered
> by my initial home alarm installer, due to constant compounding price
> increases I decided to get service from another company. =A0I come to
> find that my trusted provider has locked the new monitoring company
> out the controller. =A0When they sold me the system, they sat at mykitchen=
table and told me that I was under no obligation to continue
> with their service and that I owned the equipment. =A0What they did not
> disclose was on small line in a wordy and lengthy contract that
> stipulates that they own the communicator. =A0We=92ve probably all signed
> documents relying on anticipated fair business practices without
> parsing words (=91I did not have sexual relations with that woman=92).
> Two questions, is this common practice and is there a hardware reset
> on a Radionics 4112?
>
> How do you know it's locked out? Did the tech try to enter programming wit=
> a 5200 programmer or just by downloading it?

The new monitoring company dialed into the system however when they
entered the default RAM Passcode, it did not match.  I then asked
(nicely) the existing monitoring company, Advent Security, to reset
it. Advent told me that they would not release the code that they
changed it to.  When asked to reset it, that is when I got the "we own
the communicator" line.