Re: JIM ROJAS, TECH-MANUALS ONLINE

Andy wrote:
> Can anyone provide information regarding Jim Rojas and his online
> business Tech Manuals Online?
>
> In October 2007, I sent Mr. Rojas a Paradox Spectra board to be
> unlocked along with payment for these services.  He immediately cashed
> the included check and claimed the turnaround on these services would
> be approximately 10 days.  He has made varying claims to the
> whereabouts of my board over the last 6 months, and has even told me
> that my equipment had been mailed on several different occasions, but
> I still have not received it.  I fear that I have lost both my
> equipment and my money!
>
> Any help or information anyone can provide would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Andy

Clearly, you've "fallen through some cracks" in Jim's garage.  His phone
number and email are at http://www.tech-man.com.  People post here
frequently complaining of poor service or delivery foul-ups at Bass'
website.  What do you expect *us* to do?  "Jiminex-slap" him?  Use
Paypal or a credit card and make sure you follow up with the vendor
within the time frame provided.  If you're not satisfied, they'll refund
your money and all you'll be "out" is a board that's worth less than
$100.00 to replace.  If you *still* can't get satisfaction, report them
to the BBB.  Clearly, when a vendor has as bad a report as this example
(http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=41001663)
you'll avoid patronizing them (note a number of complaints have "spooled
off" because they're older than three years).

Jim processes thousands of customer requests (on a world wide scale).
Having "six" fall through the cracks is minor.
http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=90005708
It still behooves you to be cautious when dealing with anyone online.