Re: Anti-theft devices

"G. Morgan" <no_em@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:acbe92c50d5e20e33fb8998c2fa58bc6np@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bob Worthy wrote:
>
> >Has anyone dealt with any anti-theft products that they can recommend. My
> >client has six little Sony cameras on tripods, at the desks, that they
use
> >in their training programs. It seems the cameras have a tendency to walk.
> >am looking for something that can be attached to the camera (cosmetics
are
> >important) and that will notify the security control center, which I plan
> >do over the access control system, since they are monitoring it anyway. I
> >have looked at Protex Intl, but they don't have a unit with an alarm
output.
> >Any recommendations?
>

> How about a roll-your-own solution?
>
> I made a nice pretty picture rather than describe it. :-)
>
> http://i30.tinypic.com/zk25h1.jpg

I thought about the DIY way. I got the general idea from your picture but
the labels didn't come up legible. I could make out resistor pack (?) and I
think it was lanyard mount. The rest couldn't be read. Since we are OK
technically, I guess the cosmetic issue is still in the question. Something
manufactured is usually more pleasing than something that is home made
unless all the right parts are available. Your normal distribution is a
little sparse when it comes to some of those items. Let me know the labels
and I will see if that is an option.

Thanks,
Bob W.