Re: Installers in Kentucky beware of HB-41

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> into

> > > Underwriters.
> >
> > Yep, as in the insurance industry.
>
> I see you haven't changed at all since I left the NG before. The "U" in
this
> case stands for "Uninformed". They are not an insurance company. Since you
> put this type of stuff on the NG as info, it shouldn't be look at as
gospel
> by folks that visit here. Maybe you should check the Board of Insurance
here
> in Florida and get back with us on the subject. Third party verification
is
> required in several cities and counties here and some specifically state
UL.
> See if they are licensed as an insurance company. I believe you will find,
> if you look elsewhere, that they are a not for profit nationally
recognized
> third party testing laboratory. Maybe "NFPNRTPTL" was a tad to long for
> them.

Not for profit?  Really?  You mean all those excutives who work full time at
UL do it gratis?   UL is more about protecting their jobs than anything.
Maybe makimng a little on the side too.  Ask certain central stations about
demands for documented source code and access to proprietary development
data and trade secrets in order to certify instead of testing for percentage
of reliability and fitness for the intended purpose as they are supposed to.
Oh, wait.  Maybe there is more to UL than the shiny veneer they try to sell.

LOL.  Finally many AHJs are recognizing that UL is not a regulatory body.
They are just an arbitrary independent company that sets standards and then
sells access to them.