Re: ELK-Guard wireless GSM alarm system

Your link didn't work, but the product can be viewed here.
http://www.elkproducts.com/elkguard/service_plans.html

It sounds good, and I was thinking, "Wow.  I get calls quite often for
something that can do this," until I read the following.

Remote Arming/Disarming*
Arming Schedules*

(*) Not available when Elk Guard is set to "AC OFF" (i.e. Battery-Mode)
I know it probably has to do with battery conservation.  The unit probably
goes into some form of cellular sleep mode where it only turns on the radio
when it needs to transmit, but still, that would be a definite training
issue when selling.  Also, an issue for repeat clients of special systems
who want to know why they can do it on some sites, but not on others.

It would have been really cool to put this unit on a service trailer on a
construction site, and show the manager how to remote arm, but you would
need to provide AC even before the service pedestal was installed to give
them the functionality they need.  That mean solar plus inverter which would
drive the price of an installation back up.

I went ahead and put in my info for a dealer application.  I don't see
myself pushing this product heavily, but I can definitely see wanting to
have it in my arsenal for some applications.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision

The Security Consultant