Re: ELK-Guard wireless GSM alarm system

Thats just a rebadged Ness product from Australia.   They were originally
designed to install in a caravan or camper, but were soon being sold as
total home security systems - with the addition of a few wireless sensors.
Not unuusual to see invoices for $3000 or more.    The first ones had no
monitoring capability, but were sold as fully monitored units.  The
installation company gave cards to your neighbours with phone numbers to
ring a guard service if they heard your alarm going off.  That was their
idea of monitoring.

They are improved now, and may be suitable for certain applications , but
all the ones I have ever seen installed have been ripped out and thrown
away.  They were usually mounted in the corner of the lounge, with an ugly
sattelite siren directly outside (only one hole to drill).

Google "FAI Security Guard II" to find out about it's unloved past.

Ness sell the Elk M1 as their own product, so it is a tit for tat deal -
with Ness getting the better product to sell.

Graeme McKenzie