Re: Nick update 2#

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "nick markowitz" wrote:
>>
>> I found a good young  concintious man who has minor electronics
>> background running things for me and handling service calls etc and a
>> handful of electrical contractors etc  I work with all the time
>> helping   me keep going and so far so good .  I have several small
>> installs waiting till I am back up on my feet hopefully all will work
>> out in the end.
>>
>> In the mean one of the contractors who was suppose to help me out and
>> did nothing but fuck me  by not showing up  on jobs etc and screwing
>> upthe wiring etc which I had to end up redoing. Calls me the day
>> before surgery crying on my shoulder he needed me to give him small
>> cash jobs  and he would run around with me and do service calls
>> etc.because he  not worked all month do to personnel problems he was
>> having.  SOB caused me to loose $10k  and now wants back now that i
>> got things moving again .  nice fucking guy where the fuck were you
>> bill when i had all ths jobs lined up and all you  did was fuck around.
> now he is all mad becuse i went into surgery and did not get him work
> the nerve of some people
>
> Wow!
>
> Glad you've got someone (other than "Bill") helping you.  If you ever
> decide you'd rather not climb ladders (I still can't catch my breath
> nearly two years after my surgery) let me know.  I'd be happy to help
> you start an online store.  FWIW, I'm currently moving between $5 and 6K
> per day, 7 days a week. It's just as challenging mentally as running a
> small alarm company -- just not physically demanding.  It provides me
> with a way to support my rapidly growing family* as well as those who
> work for me directly and under contract.

I'll be you have a lot of $5 days.  Charge-backs must be a killer though.

> *Growing Family -- we now have a beautiful, 7-month old god daughter who
> stays with us three days a week.  We're also awaiting the arrival of a
> couple with six children who will be staying with us for a few months
> while they get back on their feet.  They lost their home and
> unfortunately there was no insurance. They were living in a barn until
> we found out about them through some church friends.

St. Bass to the rescue.  I find it interesting that you feel you have to
boast about your charity so often (considering you're a supposed
Jewish/Christian).

"They pour forth words, they speak arrogantly;
All who do wickedness vaunt themselves."
- Psalm 52

"Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom,
and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man
boast of his riches..."
- Jeremiah 9:23

"1 Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by
them;
otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
2 So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the
hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be
honored by men.  Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
3 But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your
right hand is doing,
4 so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is
done in secret will reward you."
- Matthew 6:1-4