Re: Installers in Kentucky beware of HB-41

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I don't know the nature of these new regulatory restrictions, so I
> can't say this will happen for sure, but is just seems like another in
> a long list of actions taken by governments to improve things, but
> which more often than not, turn out to have just the opposite effect.
>
> I guess we'll just have to wait and see......

I found this document, which states its an  unofficial
copy.http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/08RS/HB41/bill.doc

I'm not sure how the requirement to contact every customer every 30 days to
verify the call list will work out in the real world, and as usual licensed
electricians are exempt as are mechanical & HVAC contractors for some
reason.

It seems a little ambiguous on DIY, it states that individual property
owners personally installing an alarm system within the owners residence or
other building not open to the general public are exempt, which would seem
to prevent any business that either rents its space or is open to the public
from installing their own alarm, for that matter it would seem to exclude
any renter from installing an alarm in an apartment or home they rent.

You would think that with 5 of the 9 members of the board required to  be
alarm contractors that it would be somewhat sympathetic to the industry, I'm
not sure why one member has to be at least 60 years old though.

Doug