Re: Avoid Brinks Home Security

"Anonymous" <cripto@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:20080329041337.BB2CD1A7862@xxxxxxxx
> Please do yourself a favor and avoid Brinks.  Brinks has been making
plenty of money from suckers like me who didn't read the fine print
"evergreen clause" in the contract, stating that it auto renews every year
unless you remember to cancel it in writing at least 60 days before the
renewal date.  So, I'm stuck for another 10 months with their subpar
service.  What a ripoff.

It's a ripoff because you didn't read your contract....right...

> I just recently realized that our alarm hasn't actually been working
properly. It looks like it's working, but we recently discovered it's not.
Do you think Brinks ever bothered to call us with a "Is everything OK? We
noticed you haven't set your alarm in 6 months?"

They don't know when you set your alarm, did you also miss the fine print
that says test your system monthly?

No, they just continue to send the bill. When a new city ordinance required
homes with alarms to get a permit, did Brink notify me? Yes, 1 month AFTER
the ordinance was in effect, and 3 weeks AFTER I got fined by the city for a
false alarm.

Damn you are seriously helpless