California Compliant Ademco Alarmnet 7845I-GSMG

I'm noticing in the Ademco brochure for the 7845I-GSM that there is a
version ending GSMG that is "California Compliant".   What are the issues
with California that require a different version?

Is there similarly a California version of the normal GSM / SMS only version
the 7845-GSM?

--
Will