Can't address pull stationsight 5808 on Silent Knight panel.

Can't address pull stationsight 5808 on silent Knight panel.

Boy, am I frustrated!!..    Manual says just hook unit to 2 terminals
named SLC program,  follow menu instructions and the unit is
programmed.  I keep getting "connecting to device" but it never does!!

What am I doing wrong?

I have the correct +on SLC on panel and SLC on Unit.
I have the pull station address set for 1.

Any suggestions for what I can do?

PS  Silent Knight tech support closed for Easter today.   Thanks