Re: Ademco 216

On Mar 23, 9:21=EF=BF=BDpm, "Matthew Stanley" <mstan...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD Anyone have an Ademco 216 laying around? I have a cust=
omer who has 2
> Ademco 215 2 wire digital arming stations which dont work. I have tested t=
he
> stations on another system in the apartment building and they work...
>
> email me if you have any...
>
> Thanks...

> mstan...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've got a few of them but I .... like you ..... have a dozen or so
customers out there that have some of these still installed, so
they're not for sale. I installed these systems 25 or more years ago
and they've been working all these years. Most of the people are
elderly and don't want to change, because from their point of view,
they don't want to have to learn how to use some new fangled alarm
keypad that does everything that they never wanted to do. They feel
comfortable with what they've got, and that's OK with me. As long as
nothing major goes wrong and/or I don't have the replacement part, I'm
willing to do low cost service calls for these people and try to keep
them happy. I keep their monitoring fee's low too.  I know that if I
were to cancel their monitoring because they didn't want to upgrade
their equipment, some "lick and stick" alarm company would come in and
rip them off and force them to upgrade, and triple what I'm charging
them for monitoring and I'd just rather not do that to these old, long
time customers.

It's not all about what makes business sense, all the time.