Re: DVAC - Line..Canada

>True, we are usually several year off the US tech trends in the Biz
>world..or so my experience has been.
>I recall doing an inquiry last year with DSC/Sureguard and only 4 I/P
>station receiver were in operation. Two of which were in BC and the other I
>can recall but the BC units were under beta test..
>Schedule "C" circuits "DVAC from Bell has been slated for decommissioning
>for the last 8years. I like the prospect of I/P monitoring but not the
>reliability of the attached DSL routers and synking problems associated with
>dynamic I/P's to the burg panels. Remote access is a big concern, does this
>mean we will need static I/P's or will all panels be DDNS. If DDNS whom will
>do the hosting...
>How is the US version of this being benchmarked..what is the forerunner as
>far as Panel manufacturers?

DMP is the pioneer in IP monitoring in the US.  They're an "exclusive
dealer" company, so you can't buy their stuff through distribution.  But
technologically, they are at the top of the heap.  They sell in Canada, and
I see that their flagship panel is ULC listed as Level V for their network
burg monitoring.  But, it only is listed for residential fire in Canada,
which probably relates to the ULC listing issue you mentioned earlier
regarding commercial fire.  In the US, it's even approved for commercial
fire use in New York City (network + dialer).

Their panels work with either static or dynamic IPs.  Some installing
companies prefer to force people to get static IPs, though.  The network
panels come standard with a backup dialer, in fact their latest version can
support up to eight different communications paths:  IP, dialer, radio,
etc.

If you're curious, most of the documentation is available at www.dmp.com