Re: home alarm system?

"dallasalarm" <dallasalarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:485ca75c$0$17180$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Where can I find the master code for my home alarm system (DCS-1500)?
>
> I recently purchased a rental property that has a home security
> system. I want to activate the system but I don?t know the pass code.
> Isn't there a master programming code that I can use to reset the
> whole thing?
> Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com

The default master code will be in the installation manual. If the default
master code has been changed then you will need to default the entire panel
and reprogram the system from scratch. If the lock out feature hasn't been
enabled then defaulting the panel is a straightforward procedure. If the
panel really is a DSC 1500 and not a DSC 1550 then I'm not sure if it even
had an installers lockout feature.

Doug