Re: Looking for a good Wireless System

Crash Gordon wrote:
> They're the 5800Micra (not Micro) they look real interesting...first time
> I've ever seen them. Personally, I might be concerned about the range.

We've used them a few times.

Make sure the antenna is straight.  They don't seem to care which
direction - but if they get balled up their range drops to zero.

For about the same price you can get the 5818.  It can be a PITA to
install but they are pretty much trouble free once they're in - and they
work great.

Lots of options - Check a bunch of different sites to see what all is
available and you figure out something.

One of two windows I couldn't fish in my own house got 3/8 press fit
switches wired to a 5816 transmitter hidden under the trim molding.

Been six years now and I'm wondering when the battery is going to
complain.  I'm too lazy to tear the window apart until I have to, but
once I do I think I'm gonna rerun the wire down to outlet height and pur
the transmitter in an old work box with a blank plate.

Lots of ways to do it and hide it if you just think it through (which I
didn't when I buried the transmitter behind the trim...)