Re: Help with Ademco Vista 50P

>I have an older Ademco Vista 50P, about 14 years old. It is working just
>fine but I have mad a major mistake.
>I initally programmed the panel from the alpha keypad, all was working
>just fine for all these years.
>I then decided to make changes, and decided to use the Compass Downloader
>to make the changes.
>Many years ago, I downloaded and saved the data from the panel, but until
>today, I never did an upload.
>I assumed, that when I opened my customer data, then connected, then did
>an upload, the upload data
>would be the customer data, which is where I made my changes. I could
>never have been so wrong. From
>the View menu, there is a very big difference from View/Upoad and
>View/Saved. View/Upload is pretty
>much empty, no data whatsoever, so as you may have guessed, I have now
>basically set my panel to being
>not programmed at all. Not good. My Compass version is 1.5.8.44. I have
>tried till I am blue in the face to
>change the Upload data, nothing seems to work. How can I upload my saved
>data in to the panel ? There is
>no help at all, only Help/About, that is it.

It sounds like you are confused about the terms upload and download.  It's
a poor choice of words on Ademco's part.  Upload means to copy the program
out of the panel to your computer; download means to load the programfrom
Compass into the panel from your computer.

Close and reopen Compass and see if you can click on the account and see
your saved program.  If so, download it to your panel.  If it's gone, look
in your backups to see if you have a copy of the database.  If you don't
have it, time to start over.  Only this time, create your program in
Compass, save it, then download it to your panel.

DIYers take note:  this is an example of why untrained people shouldn't be
playing with dealer software.  Compass is not meant for end users.