Vista 10 SE and fire alarm

My house has a Vista 10 SE alarm system.  The board was locked, so I
ordered a new board off ebay and installed it.

I was able to set both the installer and master code.s  After the
system comes up the display shows "05 CHECK", then after a while the
alarm goes off.  I don't have a sensor wired to zone 5 and I am unable
to bypass it (I can bypass other sensors).

Is it possible that zone 5 is wanting a fire detector on zone 5?  A
motion sensor was wired to zone 5.  I disconnected that to make sure
it was not the problem.

Does that sound like the problem?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

thanks
chad