Re: Non mains system

Jim Rojas wrote:
> What are you trying to protect? Trash? Machinery?
>
> You can use a line of sight network which can transmit up to 10 miles.
> You will need a solar panel, and some gel cell batteries for power. You
> may want to use a couple of marine deep cycle batteries instead.
>
> The network will enable you to send alarm contact, video, and audio
> signals. It depends what you want to do, and how much you want to spend.
>
> A local alarm tied into a solar panel array & backup batteries is enough
> to discourage theft or vandalism. A few outdoor motions covering all
> sides of the area with a prerecorded message announcement can be done as
> well.
>
> You can also try a car alarm pager system tied into the alarm if you
> live within 5 miles to alert you of an alarm. Outside the USA you can
> purchase paging transmitters that will transmit 10+ miles if conditions
> are right.
>
> Jim Rojas
>

> Paul O'Grady wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> Newbie here. I need to protect 3 containers in a field. They will be
>> fenced in eventually. Will have mains on eventually but even the meter
>> box needs planning permission so nothing happening soon on that front.
>> I've had two visits already. I live miles away and I need to use these
>> containers asap. Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> In language I can understand please.
>>
>> Thanks.  Paul

Jim's got some good general suggestions, but it would be more helpful if
we knew exactly what you had in mind for "protection"?  A local alarm to
scare off intruders?  A paging alarm to inform you of an intrusion?
Video surveillance?  Forcefield?  Electrify the containers so anyone
tampering with them gets fried?