Re: Non mains system

What are you trying to protect? Trash? Machinery?

You can use a line of sight network which can transmit up to 10 miles.
You will need a solar panel, and some gel cell batteries for power. You
may want to use a couple of marine deep cycle batteries instead.

The network will enable you to send alarm contact, video, and audio
signals. It depends what you want to do, and how much you want to spend.

A local alarm tied into a solar panel array & backup batteries is enough
to discourage theft or vandalism. A few outdoor motions covering all
sides of the area with a prerecorded message announcement can be done as
well.

You can also try a car alarm pager system tied into the alarm if you
live within 5 miles to alert you of an alarm. Outside the USA you can
purchase paging transmitters that will transmit 10+ miles if conditions
are right.

Jim Rojas