Re: EST Quick Start

Roland Moore wrote:
> Certain versions are so strange to program that you can't really upload the
> panel completely unless you wrote the program originally. Some of the
> program resides in the panel, part in the heads, it's truly something else.

Not really...  It's a means to an end.  On the one hand it increases the
level of protection to the end user...  on the other...  it locks in the
customer.  What really sucks is that the customer usually doesn't have a
say in the final decision.  "Low man" wins on most tendered projects.
There are a few exceptions, but they are *few*.  I know the Canadian
Government used to positively *love* Secutron stuff.  And BC Housing
seems to have this "thing" for Siemens/Pyrotronics (on new construction
and upgrades).