Re: Bosch Popits on 8112 and Battery

On Jan 20, 6:00=A0pm, "T.J." <super232...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey I have 2 questions. It has been so long since I have even seen a
> Bosch 8112 can somebody telling me again what to set the dip switches
> to for 8112? I can't remember. Now on checking panel batteries I have
> always just unhooked them and never had any trouble now another guy I
> work with says that you are suppose to disconnect the transformer
> before you unhook the battery for testing. Has anybody heard this
> before?

Thanks everyone for the replies. Let me explain better what I meant.
on the battery question. my battery tester requires you to disconnect
the battery from the panel. The guy told me that I have to disconnect
the transformer before I disconnect the battery or I may short out the
panel. I have checked many many batteries and never had anything short
out from me not disconnecting the transformer.