Re: How can I do this (CCTV)

news:47a9410b$0$503$815e3792@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> Better idea, try Optiflex and if the TV's have coax input you can
>> output to that, or send it to any computer or heck get her a
>> [Honeywell] Symphony [keypad] and it'll display on that.

> That's pretty cool stuff. I saw some of it at the isc last year but
> the booth was so mobbed i didn't learn much.

We've had quite a few inquiries about Optiflex video monitoring so I
put up a page on it.
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/honeywell_remote_video_monitoring_1879_ctg.htm

It's expensive but for high-end homes and for some business apps (day
care providers, for example) it's getting quite popular.  Parents
like the idea of monitoring the day care over the Internet.  Also, by
archiving activities on a DVR day care providers can protect
themselves from lawsuits.

I sell CCTV, fire and intercom systems to a number of assisted living
centers and nursing homes.  Internet video monitoring is generating a
lot of interest among them.  There have been some major lawsuits over
quality of care, prompting interest in video monitoring and recording
to protect caregivers against liability.  These usually require a
more robust solution than Optiflex but the similar services are
available using TCP/IP enabled DVRs.  The slick interface that
Optiflex offers gets it a better WAF rating than commercial DVRs
though.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass