Re: How can I do this (CCTV)

>Can I take the output from the cameras and modulate it AND send >it to the
capture card?

I've done it that way before.
Instead of screwing around with a capture card in a computer, why not just
use a Bosch VIP X2?
http://boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/VIP%20X%20Product%20Brief%2Epdf You can stick
a USB hard drive on it and view the video on the 2 year old computer (or any
computer on her network) with almost any web browser. You don't have to be a
Bosch dealer to get the VIP X2. Anixter has them. I am sure other
distributors do too.
All Bosch Video over IP (BVIP) I have used work just fine. The only issue I
have found with the BVIP line is the X1600. If it is made in Germany it has
a high failure rate. The ones made in Portugal don't fail. Unfortunately you
can't specify which country you get when you order the item. In any case you
would use an X1600 on a residential account. They'd flip when they saw the
price on an iSCSI array.
So why not take a walk on the wild side and try an edge encoder like the VIP
X2?