Re: Spectra IV not as Data Hardy as Spectra III ???

"G. Morgan" <your@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> That shouldn't matter, was it twisted pair?
>>
>>22ga Stranded shielded twisted pair.  It was the only thing I could figure
>>when it all worked in the end.
>
> 22ga TP/S sounds fine for the 200' runs.  I wonder if maybe you just fixed
> bad termination that was unseen?  Glad you got it working.

I don't see how.  We were able to operate each camera independently, and
even two at a time.  There was some kind of conflict between camera 1 and
camera 3 on the control circuit.  No clue, since cutting out the service
loops fixed the problems.  Myabe a combination of things and reducing the
choke ( I don't see how an 8-10" coil could have much choke affect, but...)
affect of the service loops made it work well enough.  I know Pelco was sure
no help.  They kept repeating the same old stuff over and over again, but
changing the details from one tech to the next.  At one point one of their
guys told me I should be using Cat 5 STP like that was the whole problem.

Another told me it was RS422, when it is clearly RS485 when controlling with
a keyboard in direct mode whether using P or D protocal.

Yet another tech had me almost convinced I must have a DOA back box.