Re: Changing Entry Time Delay on ADT Safewatch Pro 3000

nick markowitz wrote:
> On Dec 29, 1:34 am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> use stay instant
>>
>> theres also maximum
>>
>> --
>> **Crash Gordon**
>>
>> "danbos" <danbos...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Hi
>>> Is it possible to change the entry time delay on the ADT Safewatch Pro
>>> 3000 key pad? I do not like the fact that there is an entry time delay
>>> in the "stay" and "away" mode. I want the alarm to go off immediately,
>>> particularly in the "away" mode.
>>> I have a key fob so arming/disarming the system is not an issue and an
>>> entry delay is not required.
>>> Please advise
>>> Thanks- Hide quoted text -
>
> You will need to call ADT and have them change the delay zones to
> instant  or have button on fob programmed for max no delay , But i can
> tell you now ADT does not like doing this because of false alarms and
> tends to make all doors delayed.
> from systems i have worked on.

I think they also incorporate a delay on the communicator of around 45
seconds.  So...  If a perp decides to break in to an ADT protected home
he could wind up with up to 90 seconds of "fun time" before the
communicator is activated.  Let's see...  ninety seconds.  First
"target" would be that annoying siren...  Oh..  and look!  It's located
right above the alarm panel.  Well...  let's just rip the whole shebang
off the wall and...  gosh!!!  Now he has all the time in the world to
find the really good stuff...  and pack up that wide screen TV into the
car parked in the garage which he conveniently found the spare keys for
hanging up next to the phone...