Re: DVR card advice

On Dec 9, 3:00=EF=BF=BDpm, "Espaceman" <d...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bought a cheap =EF=BF=BD8 dvr card off ebay from HK and
> it works but all the buttons have ???? on them so its
> confusing
>
> So splashed out =EF=BF=BD90 on a DVR card from maplin
> phew , its ok but nowt special and it seems to have
> a line going through the pictur constanlty that the cheap card
> does not suffer from
>
> Looking for a card for 4 wired camera system
>
> Any body any thougths , anyone came across a all
> singing all dancing super duper card that SUPREME
> value for money

With regard to the "line" that you're seeing, do you have all your
power cords plugged into the  same AC electrical phase? Cameras use
the 50/60 cycle AC to sync there signals on. If the cameras are
plugged into a different phase than the computer or from each of the
cameras, you might wind up with a line across they screen. Also, if I
remember right, you run on 50 cycles there. The board my be a 60 cycle
board. I don't know if you have polarized AC plugs on your camera
power supplies or computer or not, but sometimes reversing them can
help. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.