Re: Robert Bass

Frank Olson wrote:

>There's a reason why he hasn't posted responses in this newsgroup (and
>others in which he participates in) in the last couple of days.  It's my
>understanding that he is (or has) undergone surgery for the removal of
>the cancer which has re-manifested itself.  I hope and pray for his
>speedy recovery from the surgery.  I also hope he comes out of it with
>better, more encouraging news.  There are a lot of individuals he's
>harmed and maligned by his words and actions (myself amongst them).  My
>greatest hope is that we can rise above all this, set our differences
>aside and collectively wish him well.  God keep you, Robert.  God speed
>your recovery.

I have tried to imagine what it would be like if the "shoe were on the other
foot".  If that were me facing the grim prognosis, I would like to think that
my adversaries would be able to put aside the bad blood.  Since we are talking
about the possibility of someone actually dying, I think any petty ongoing
arguments or even past transgressions should be looked at by the individual
and expunged if possible.

When asking myself those same questions, the answer came back "of course".
Nothing Robert said or did to me was so bad that it can't be forgiven.  In
fact, I forgave him a little over a year ago when I had my own set of
obstacles to overcome.  Since then, I've taken a few "swipes" at him when my
name was dragged up in the NG..... but those were just stock replies in
response to the name-calling.  Besides, there are two sides to every coin and
I wasn't always an innocent victim.  I definitely did my share of poking the
proverbial stick at him over the years.

So Robert, please forgive me for the part I played in the nonsense over the
years.  It all seems so silly and insignificant now.  I already forgave you
for any (real or imagined) harm you may have caused me.  I hope you do recover
from this awful disease.  I also hope you are at peace with yourself and God
should the day come when you're called home.  My thoughts and prayers are with
you and your family.  Stay tough.

-Graham