Re: Robert Bass

"G. Morgan wrote:

> I have tried to imagine what it would be like if the "shoe were on the other
> foot".  If that were me facing the grim prognosis, I would like to think
> that
> my adversaries would be able to put aside the bad blood.  Since we are
> talking
> about the possibility of someone actually dying, I think any petty ongoing
> arguments or even past transgressions should be looked at by the individual
> and expunged if possible.
>
> When asking myself those same questions, the answer came back "of course".
> Nothing Robert said or did to me was so bad that it can't be forgiven.  In
> fact, I forgave him a little over a year ago when I had my own set of
> obstacles to overcome.  Since then, I've taken a few "swipes" at him when my
> name was dragged up in the NG..... but those were just stock replies in
> response to the name-calling.  Besides, there are two sides to every coin
> and
> I wasn't always an innocent victim.  I definitely did my share of poking the
> proverbial stick at him over the years.
>
> So Robert, please forgive me for the part I played in the nonsense over the
> years.  It all seems so silly and insignificant now.  I already forgave you
> for any (real or imagined) harm you may have caused me.  I hope you do
> recover
> from this awful disease.  I also hope you are at peace with yourself and God
> should the day come when you're called home.  My thoughts and prayers are
> with
> you and your family.  Stay tough.

Thanks Graham,

Anything wrong you said or did I forgive.  Likewise, I apologize for being
rude and cruel to you.  It all does seem pretty insignificant at this point.
Thanks for the good thoughts, Graham.

As to my absence these past few days, yes, I was in the hospital.  They did
something called pleurodesis which helps me breath better.  They can't remove
the tumors and it doesn't cure.  There are lots of tumors in the chest wall --
inoperable.  Radiation doesn't do anything.  Chemo slows them down a bit.
Tarceva, a new, experimental drug can be combined with chemo to give me about
3-4 months.  That's all.

God, however, isn't finished and we're praying for a miracle.  My brother,
Michael, had stage IV lung cancer nearly 11 years ago.  The doctors told him
to get his affairs in order as he had only a few months to live -- same as me.
Mike visited me in the hospital yesterday.  He's been cancer free for nearly
10 years now.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass