Re: NX8- V2 not uploading

"Mark Leuck" <mleuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4803fac1$0$9509$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> There is nothing wrong with the NX-8 in fact GE has greatly improved it
> with the V2 series
>
> Hell my favorite test panel is a v2 NX-8, I've got it loaded down with
> keypads, receivers, a 534 2-way board and I connect to it over the
> network, the ONLY thing I can think of to critisize it is that it takes
> forever to upload the alpha text. I have had no problems connecting to any
> NX panel, I have configured over 20 workstations which also have no
> problems and I'm using the same modem he is.
>
> But the worst insult is you dare compared that POS Napco 1632 to it

I never compared the GEM-P1632 to the NX-8V2, I offered it as an alternative
to GE's trash can panel. I never said it would do all of the things the NX-8
is supposed to do. The GEM-P1632 is not State-of-the-Art, however, it
consistantly performs as specified by Napco. I doubt anyone can claim the
same for ANY of these $50 do-it-all panels. I apply KISS (Keep it simple
stupid) to most installations because very few jobs that I get require a
MONSTER panel that can do everything conceivable to man. I do have some
older NX-8's installed, never had a problem with them. It's been a
differrent story for the NX-8V2. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the V2
did some funny things that I've never had happen with the POS you mentioned.
I think I'll stick with the Pile I'm used to, and you seem to enjoy the
smell of your Pile, so wag your tail and dig in :-))