Re: Vista 20 and IR motion problem

On Apr 29, 10:25=A0pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <ri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Apr 29, 9:17 pm, Roger W <alluc...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 29, 11:18 pm, ri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > > The Vista 20P door sensors work great but the IR motion does not. If
> > > its set to N/C then the system does
> > > not come ready however its set to N/O then it does which of course is
> > > wrong. The programmng summary
> > > looks like this:
>
> > > ZN ZT P RC HW : RT
> > > 05 04 1 10 NC 1
>
> > > The motion detect was working on the old Ademco 4030 panel and the LED=

> > > lights with movement. Ive read
> > > through the manual cover to cover as well as the programming guide
> > > many times and motion detectors are
> > > not even mentioned.
>
> > > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
>
> > Sounds like you have defective wiring or most likely a defective
> > motion.
> > Wire up the Aurora and if your problem clears, you'll know what to do.-

> >I removed one wire from the sensor, closed the tamper switch and it
> >read about 7ohms
> >with no movement and no LED, infinite with movement and LED lite.
> >Next I reconnected the sensor and repeated the test at the panel with
> >both wired removed. It read
> >about 185 ohms and then infinite with movement.
> >If I check the voltage, there is about 13V across the terminals
> >regardless of movement.
>
> I don't know what the maximum loop resistance is for that panel, but 185
> ohms is probably too much for the loop.
> Unless your motion is about 5000 feet away from the panel then there is a
> problem with the wire.
> If you're interested in finding out for sure then just twist the zone wire=
> together at the motion and see if the zone closes.
>
> Doug- Hide quoted text -

There should only be about 75' of cable between the 2.  I will try
shorting the sensor wires.
Can you please tell me what voltage levels should be present on both
conditions.  One more
interesting bit of info on this is that the sensor wires can only
connect one way otherwise the
system does not come up if I swap the HI and LO.