Re: Vista 20 and IR motion problem

>Can you please tell me what voltage levels should be present on both
>conditions.  One more
>interesting bit of info on this is that the sensor wires can only
>connect one way otherwise the
>system does not come up if I swap the HI and LO.

Look, you are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

If you have the zone programmed as a normally closed loop, then there are
only two possibilities:  either the loop is closed, or it isn't.  It
doesn't matter if you have a motion detector, a contact, or a piece of wire
across the zone terminals--it's either closed, or it's open.

Do not worry about what normal voltages are.  Pull the zone wiring off the
control panel, and install a piece of wire across the zone terminals.  Now,
with everything else closed, does the green light come on?  If so, remove
that wire jumper:  does the green light go out?:  If so, the zone is seeing
the open.  Now connect your meter to the relay contact wiring from the
sensor and see if it goes open when the sensor trips, and goes closed then
it resets.  I'm not familiar with your particular sensor, but normally, a
closed circuit will be less than about 30 ohms.  An alarm condition means a
really high resistance, bordering on a wide open circuit.

If you're using end of line resistors, then it works the same way, except
put the specified EOL across the zone terminals instead of a piece of wire.