Re: security system advice

On Apr 7, 11:46=EF=BF=BDpm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > I never heard of Pepper spay traps.
>
> > Where did you get them? =EF=BF=BD Got a product name or a website?
> > I can think of a place to use one right now!
>
> Oh, absolutely. I have several "practical" applications in mind.
> <snicker>
> --

Actually, I do.

With the value of copper and metal going up, there's been a lot of
thievery of metal going on around here. Plumbing shop was relieved of
over $70,000.00 in copper a few months ago on Long Island. I've got a
General Contractor who stores his metal in a shanty type structure in
back of his shop and it's been hit a few times in the last year or so.
Not much in value but costly when he thinks he's got material and has
to stop a job because it's not there.  I was thinking that a quick way
to get them out of there would be with some kind of pepper spray. With
CCTV I think he'd just have the pleasure of watching some stranger
take his stuff and he'd need lighting and etc, etc. And once he stops
who evers doing this, he's left with a very expensive CCTV system that
never gets used anymore.

I see that a company by the name of Revel in Pittsburg has a multi
canister device activated by 12 volts, but it's only for indoor use. I
don't see anything for outdoor use. I can imagine they don't recommend
it for outdoors because of the wind, freezing and other environmental
reasons, but I'm going to call and see what they say. The area's small
so maybe if the device is sealed or protected from the weather, it
would do the job.