security system advice

Hi everyone,

I have recently had a number of break-ins at a rental property I am
trying to renovate.  I have been doing a total rewire since the house
was built in 1900 and still has a couple of exterior fuse panels on
the back porch (it was a duplex I'm converting back into a single
family house)  A day after I had the house ready for rough wiring
inspection thieves broke into the 6' crawlspace and cut and stole all
of the wire running under the house.  I secured the crawlspace a
little better, had the house rewired and nearly ready for inspection
again and the thieves returned, broke off the lock and cut the wire
again...I'm fed up and need a security system (at least
temporarily).

I'm looking at the DSC 1832.  I want to put a motion sensor under the
house near the new wire breaker box where all of the wires come under
the house with both a siren under and outside of the house.  I also
purchased a couple of pepper spray release traps that work off of the
12VDC bell signal(one for under the house and one for in the house).
I plan on placing another motion sensor in the house in the hall where
the breaker panel is located because that is where the thieves will
most likely go if they can't get in under the house. (I put a serious
lock mechanism on the door to get under the house).

Here are my questions/problems:

1. To pass the rough wiring inspection, I will most likely have to
remove the old fuse boxes from the house leaving the house without
power for a few weeks until I can get the sheetrock completed and the
final wiring inspected and passed.  What are my options for powering
the security system during this time?  I thought about using a 12V car
battery somehow but I'm not sure how to go about it at this point.
Has anyone out there run into having to power your alarm system for an
extended amount of time without power to the house?

2. Will the DSC be able to drive 2 sirens and 2 pepper spray traps
without some type of aux power supply?  The pepper spray traps use
just a few mA to power an audible countdown timer and then 800mA to
power the solenoid for 30 seconds while the pepper spray is dispersed.
The sirens will be standard interior and exterior sirens but I will
attempt to get sirens with a lower amp draw.

Does DSC sell an Aux power supply to fit into the control panel?

3.  This brings up another question.  I will have 2 pepper spray traps
but i don't want them both to go off.  Can I control 2 seperate 12V
bells based on what zones are triggered with the DSC?

4.  Based on the info above, will the DSC be the best choice or would
a VISTA 20P or other system be better?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.  I have never
installed a security system but i have done other electonic projects
and I'm not usually firghtened by wiring diagrams and instructions.