Re: Vista 20 and IR motion problem (something new)

Rick  if you've got 13vdc  on the panel terminals for that zone  with a end
of line resistor off, I'd consider a broken loop.
however  if the voltage drops with the resistor on the terminals,  thats
normal.
the small resistance you read on the wire is the loop resistance of the
wire..  (ie,, resistance of copper per foot of length..)
If the Fox sensor was set to NO  and the resistor was in the device, then
you may have an open ckt sensor in the loop somewhere..
If theFox sensor also had a capactor across the power leads,  you may have
had an RF problem on that loop.
If the panel is earth grounded try reading resistance between each leg of
the loop and the earth ground.
any resistance showing is a sign of a possible bad insulation on the wire of
that loop.
Try reversing the leads on the terminals of that zone.

<rickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Apr 29, 9:17 pm, Roger W <alluc...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 29, 11:18 pm, ri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > The Vista 20P door sensors work great but the IR motion does not. If
> > its set to N/C then the system does
> > not come ready however its set to N/O then it does which of course is
> > wrong. The programmng summary
> > looks like this:
>
> > ZN ZT P RC HW : RT
> > 05 04 1 10 NC 1
>
> > The motion detect was working on the old Ademco 4030 panel and the LED
> > lights with movement. Ive read
> > through the manual cover to cover as well as the programming guide
> > many times and motion detectors are
> > not even mentioned.
>
> > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
>
> Sounds like you have defective wiring or most likely a defective
> motion.
> Wire up the Aurora and if your problem clears, you'll know what to do.-

I removed one wire from the sensor, closed the tamper switch and it
read about 7ohms
with no movement and no LED, infinite with movement and LED lite.

Next I reconnected the sensor and repeated the test at the panel with
both wired removed. It read
about 185 ohms and then infinite with movement.

If I check the voltage, there is about 13V across the terminals
regardless of movement.