Re: Notifier sfp 1024 Ph 2 Trouble

"shotgun boogie" <thatsallfolksl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had a similar problem on a residential burg installation with a
> Telguard TG-7 cell backup unit. The cell unit kept reporting telco
> trouble. I had dial tone at the panel, and all seemed ok, but when
> I measured the telco voltage it was 22.5 vdc. (Digital telco line
> by Cox Cable) The cable company found the trouble on their side,
> but I wasn't there when their tech was, so I don't know what they
> found. When I went back after their repair, the telco line voltage
> was 48.5 vdc and all has been well since.

We had an interesting problem with one of the earlier Tellular units.
It showed line fault as soon as we powered it up.  I checked the
phone line and it was within spec.  The panel reported fine and
regular phones had no problem.  I called the manufacturer and they
asked if we had grounded the cabinet.  We had.  They said to break
the ground connection.  I did.  Problem solved.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics