Re: Does naybody care about getting things right anymore...

Bob La Londe wrote:
> {(Not Tri-Ed) Believe it or not they got my last order right.}
>
> This just went off to anotehr vendor who has managed to lose orders
> completely, quote my grossly incorrect prices and stick to them even
> when I ask them three times if they are sure then not send me the
> product because they were wrong but not call me about it, just plane
> quote wrong items... not even what I requested, and send me totally
> wrong parts now.
>
> Dear Vendor I am very frustrated,
>
> My Aiphone stuff arrived yesterday.  I was putting it on the shelf
> for that particular customer's job and sorting materials out for jobs
> when I noticed what didn't look right on the box.  I opened one.  You
> sent me NEM-10C master intercoms.  I sent you a neatly printed block
> text quote request that clearly says NEM-10A/C  That is exactly the
> right part number according to Aiphone.  I know this because the
> print out came from their quote system on their website.
>
> So what you might ask?  Well the NEM-10A/C has a handset.  The
> intercom I got does not.  Am I sure?  Well, yes.  Because the
> description on the same form generated by Aiphone says, "10 CALL
> MASTER WITH HANDSET, LAMP MEMORY AND ALL CALL"  As I type I am
> looking at the very page I faxed over.
> There are getting to be problems ON EVERY SINGLE INTERACTION.  Its
> very frustrating.  I can understand when a mistake happens, things
> get forgotten, orders don't get processed, not all of an order is
> shipped, a wrong price is quoted, when I don't get called back...
> once in a while.  But its been something on every single order.  A
> couple somethings on many of them.  I am getting very frustrated.
>
> Still haven't got a quote for the cameras I asked about either.
>
> Some of my vendors wonder why I have to push out paying them
> sometimes. This is why.  If I don't get the job done I don't get
> paid.  If I don't get paid you don't get paid. Instead of running
> wire and installing rough in boxes and sorting parts out for jobs I
> am instead trying to decide how strong a message to send that will
> express my level of frustration and motivate somebody to take care of
> it ASAP and maybe make up for the lost revenue to me in some way
> without calling me an asshole for getting upset about it and telling
> me to go get stuffed.

There seems to be an attitude in the workplace now, that employees should
have fun at work; that a cool, comfortable, stress-free work environment is
somehow owed them. I see this a lot in all types of businesses, banks,
offices. Dress codes are non-existent. Employees are watching television, or
listening to their I-pods, having parties, bringing their kids to work, etc.
Exceptions not withstanding, these distractions have led to a gross
reduction of productivity in the workplace. Or, to be blunt, nobody is
paying any attention to what the fuck they are supposed to be doing. The
attitude is, well if it's wrong, I'll just deal with it tomorrow. No one has
the slightest concern about how their laxidasical, careless work habits
affect other people. They just do not care. And why? Because there are no
consequences. They just keep bumbling along day after day, year after year,
and never get any better.

I have stopped dealing with Tri-Ed San Diego completely due to incompetent
management. ADI is a last resort, although they are trying. I have
complained over and over about the same errors, but get only lip service.
But it's not just the distributors. Manufacturers are slipping too.  And,
OBTW, I don't want to visit my local bank branch manager only to find that
she has taken the afternoon off with a headache. I don't want to see the
tellers dressed in t-shirts and jeans because it's casual Friday. And if I
have to wait one more time for you to take the Goddamned earbuds out before
I can ask a question, I may just be yanking them out myself.

I don't expect you to genuflect. What I expect, is that if I am doing
business with you, for you to get my order right 99% of the time. That's
your job. It doesn't seem that hard to me. My job should be as easy as
yours. Pay attention. No habla? Too bad, get a landscaping job. Your time of
the month? Take a Midol, and get back to work. I don't give a damn what
happened on Survuvor last night, or how much your new nose ring cost, pay
attention to what you're doing.
js