Re: Ademco 5828 Wireless Keypad

> The Tech support will kill ya, not the returns...

Tech support does indeed consume most of my time.  I spend time
teaching people how to install their systems.  Some folks take
longer.  Others take less.  Programming can take anywhere from 20
minutes to upwards of an hour, depending on the individual and the
system.  Installation is simple, especially in new construction and
in homes with unfinished basements or accessible attics.  There are
lots of online resources of which DIY clients can avail themselves
for documentation, schematics, tips and techniques.

I wouldn't discourage you from building an online store.  The market
is large enough to support lots of competition.  Just be sure you or
one of your technicians will be available during the day as well as
evenings and weekends to answer questions.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics