Re: Generic Central Station Horror Tales

Roland More said:

>Would you expect a central station would pay off if they called your
>customer's alarm panel and removed the central station phone number, as well
>as the account number from the panel, and then the customer suffered a loss
>from a failure to dispatch?

Pardon me, I had forgotten that you and Just Looking are the same person.
I thought the original question was a legitimate question about legitimate
central station errors, and did not realize it was a continuation of your
expose of a hypothetical central station.

What you now describe falls under the heading of intentional misconduct,
rather than an honest mistake.  Any dealer who found out his central had
reprogrammed his systems as locals without notice should run for the door,
and the nearest lawyer.

Of course, I'm speaking hypothetically, and I have no knowledge of any
central station actually doing anything like this, other than reading the
comments you have made.

I would say, however, that you have been about as subtle as a sledgehammer
in your hints as to the identity of the company, and you are probably long
past the stage of being able to use the word "hypothetically" as cover.

- badenov