Re: what is the best wire for a perimeter alarm

My brother-in-law, who is an electrical engineer, would wake up from a nap
in his easy chair and walk to the kitchen thru the beam of his PIR only to
have his alarm start wailing.  "Wait", he said to himself, "I didn't arm the
system!"  After this happened several times, he began to wonder, what in the
heck is going on that could arm my alarm?  One evening immediately after
this happened, he mosied outdoors, and lo and behold he could hear his
neighbor talking on his ham radio.  Said neighbor had antennas all over the
outside of his house.  Ron had not used shielded wire for his alarm system.
He re-wired that weekend, and problem was solved.